Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wii U Is Coming!


I reeeeeeeally want to get a Wii U.


Even though I don't have time to play it.
Even though the tablet-style controller is unproven as more than a gimmick.
Even though it's doubtful that it'll get more than Nintendo's tentpole games like Mario and Zelda.
Even though Nintendo hasn't clarified how they plan to make their eShop accounts a more productive experience.
Even though no one will play it with me.
Even though the original Wii has the same functionality and I've still got plenty of games I haven't played on it already.
Even though the old system makes more sense to have for my kids.
Even though it's probably too expensive to get as a low-end electronic item.
Even though it would have to go on my upstairs TV limiting its ability to be played.
Even though it's less only as powerful as my Xbox and PS3 and will be obsolete in like 20 minutes.

Even though I want to go to there.
Even though blowing money on it will cut down my ability to get an actual next-gen system at their launches next year.
Even though I have a better chance to convince my wife to let me spend more on a decent computer.
Even though I'll probably need to camp out at Best Buy to get one then not get one then spend weeks trying to beg, barter, and steal for one.
Even though I could use its TiVii functionality with other currently existing technology.
Even though, as I write this list, I'm less and less excited about it.

I reeeeeeally want to get a WiiU.

No comments:

Post a Comment