Saturday, September 1, 2012

The End of Summer: Kite-tastrophy!

The spot on the picture is a ghost.  Or black hole.
For the 2nd year we attended the kite festival in Owen Park. My son was willing to try our fabulous frog kite for a few minutes, though was a bit freaked out by the unwinding spool.


I attempted to break my record for kite distance; it amazes me how high these things can get. Most kites I've flown on the mainland have crashed and burned, strange considering the non-combustible nature of their fuel source. But next to the ocean, the wind blows so strongly that kites fly with no effort.

Sadly, the wind blew in the direction of the sun and I had to abandon the effort before melting my retinas.

Pictured: new Robot kite, not superior to frog kite in anyway.


The day ended when my youngest decided that the spool of string was both his and the greatest toy of all time. Still, a fine end to a really good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment