Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FALL-ELUJAH 2012 - The Schedule

Fall being my favorite season means I have many exciting activities which I very much enjoy forcing my family to attend with me.  My goal this year was to leave no weekend unfilled with the greatest in seasonal celebrations.  Read on to see the itinerary so far.  Can it be packed with more awesomeness?

September
8th - Davis Mega Maze: the best corn maze in New England...and we already did it.  Thank you, employees, for leading us out before we had to eat the kids!

9th - Apple picking: the honey crisps were fantastic (sort of wish they'd sucked so I could refer to them as "apple-ing").

15th - Family celebration: I sure love my family but this will cut down on the whole Fall experience.

16th - We will be buying blinds for our new house.  No longer will the neighbors have to look at me.

22nd - Festival of Ale at the Higgins Armory Museum: if you enjoy local breweries set amidst medieval suits of armor, this is a can't miss.

23rd - House renovation: taking a break from fall activities to finish our last few house projects.  And only 30 more years to pay the whole thing off.

28th - Spirit of Shrewsbury: Never been to Shrewsbury's fall festival so it could be a bust.  I will remain optimistic.  Yay, fall!

29th - Middle-Earth Day: Back to the Higgins to celebrate the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.  I'm making Owen listen to The Hobbit right now.  The Higgins theme days are usually a lot of fun.  Kind of wish I were the sort of person to dress up so I could go in bare feet.

30th - My youngest turns 1, a.k.a., I don't have any babies in my house.  Phew!

October
5th - Sturbridge Village Harvest Festival: late night at OSV, the best pre-Civil War era village ever.  Now with more awesome Fall-related parties.

6th-7th - Wedding: Not mine, of course, but a friend's.  There better be some foliage to look at on the drive or there'll be hell to pay.

13th - King Richard's Faire: Better polish my armor.

14th - Family member baptism: My brother always tries to ruin my fun.  First he told mom that I was trying to sneak out to see my friends, now he schedules his kid's baptism to interrupt my Fall.  Some people, right?

19th - Ghosts of the Titanic: This sounded cool and it's only down the street at my local library.  But don't take my word for it...

20th - Salem trip: It wouldn't be Halloween without a trip to witch-town.

21st - Dear God, I don't have anything planned here.  Help me, Internet!

27th - Halloween Movie Night: Last year we saw the awesomely creepy Lake Mungo.  Can we top it this year? Frankly, I think I'm almost out of quality horror movies to watch.  Still, I'll take any suggestions willingly.

28th - Final costume preparations: I will be going as a failed writer, i.e., be drunk.

30th/31st - Trick or Treating: Various places around town like to change up the date.  As long as I've got more candy to mooch off my kids, I'm cool with that.

November
Trip to Plimoth Plantation - TBD
Thanksgiving - sometime in November, right?

And that's it so far.  I hope to update those final holes soon in pursuit of the greatest Fall ever.  Please send me any other activities that you think I might have missed or might enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment