Monday, September 17, 2012

Harpoon UFO Pumpkin


And the hits just keep on coming with this next pumpkin offering from Harpoon, a brand that I've never been particularly fond of.  But it's pumpkin-related so I guess I have to try it.

From the first sip, I assumed terrible things would happen as this is a very dark beer with a bitter start.  Yet, unlike most bitter beers, I actually enjoyed the rich taste and found the overall experience very refreshing.  Now, a theme of these reviews has been a need for pumpkin beer to taste, y'know, like pumpkin.  And here's where the UFO starts to falter.  By the end of the bottle I had started to get a hint of pumpkin but the overall flavor is more like a twist of pumpkin in the bottle versus a drink brewed with pumpkin.  Still, it had just enough going on to dodge an accusation of false advertising and won me over with a profile I typically avoid.  It's a Good choice for these chillier Fall days.

No comments:

Post a Comment