Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The End of Summer: Porto Pizza

When our ferry back broke down, we were left with unenviable task of needing to find lunch.  We found it at nearby Porto Pizza, a pizza-by-the-slice pizzeria directly across from the ferry.  Everyone ordered something different.  I enjoyed the deep dish tomato and bacon, my wife, the pesto, and my oldest a pepperoni.  We topped it all off with a cup of Del's frozen lemonade.


It's hard to really screw up pizza and this was no exception.  I enjoyed the pizza for the most part, though when I get a deep dish pizza I want  it to be deep.  My slice felt more like a regular depth than anything else. The toppings felt fresh enough and the crust was a good mix of crunchy and doughy, but nothing too exceptional.  An altogether OK way to end the trip.

The pepperoni was rated "Good"

No comments:

Post a Comment