Friday, September 14, 2012

Harpoon Pumpkin Cider


I love pumpkin flavors and I love cider. So, put together we should get an exponential growth in the deliciousness factor, right?

Nope! After my first sip of Harpoon Pumpkin Cider, my smile turned to a grimace. Letting out an audible groan, my wife asked, "So, did you like it?" "It's awful," I said, passing it to her as if she would be thankful of the favor following my ringing endorsement. For the first time in my life, I foisted a cider onto another.

Frankly, and it pains me to say this, the beer is so cloyingly sweet that I have a hard time not gagging. When I tried it later I focused on the pumpkin versus cider flavors. When separating these out, the beer becomes an interesting exercise in flavor profiling. In that regard it actually tastes better drunk slowly and thoughtfully. But, please, don't try to pound this Meh concoction for fear of swearing off pumpkin forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment