Friday, April 19, 2013

Thumbprint


Thumbprint: A StoryThumbprint: A Story by Joe Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As I excitedly wait for the next novel by horror/comic book writer, Joe Hill, I noticed this brief tale on the Kindle Store for only 99 cents.  As a fan of short stories (and a man impatient with the wait for new books from many of his favorite authors), I downloaded and read through this one in an evening.  Fans of Hill's horror short stories may be disappointed by this thriller which deals completely with realistic events; however, this taut thriller delivers other facets of Hill's writing-style, namely complex characters and a perfectly unfolding plot.  Hill's writing typifies the style that made shows like "Lost" so popular: secrets and flashbacks doled out at the perfect pace to keep pages turning.  Though, much like "Lost", Thumbprint ends in a fashion that may piss some readers off, this bite-sized treat helped to tide me over until NOS4ATU at the end of the month.  Really Good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment