Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mystery on the Vineyard


Mystery on the Vineyard: Politics, Passion and Scandal on East ChopMystery on the Vineyard: Politics, Passion and Scandal on East Chop by Thomas Dresser
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To remember my vacation to Martha's Vineyard this past summer, I picked up a signed copy of Mystery on the Vineyard at the local bookstore to add to my souvenir book shelf.  As a fan of true crime and local history I sure picked correctly when I grabbed this one.  As time passes and more and more sensational crimes occur, our modern generation tends to forget that famous crimes have existed for time immemorial.  Though not as famous as other murders from the WWII-era, the murder and following court case as described in detail by author Thomas Dresser stands as a fascinating review of how much the island and New England have changed.  I don't know how easy this is to find off-island but the author has a website (and apparently it's listed on Amazon) and I highly recommend this to anyone taking a summer ferry ride to the Vineyard.  Very Good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment